Thursday 10 May 2018

Thursday, May 10

Agenda Message: New spelling words and field trip form.

Teacher Message: We need 7 volunteers for the Children's Festival. I hope more volunteers can help out. If you can, please sign at the bottom of the first paper of the forms that went home today.
PLEASE HAVE ALL FORMS IN BY MONDAY, MAY 14.

IMPORTANT DATES: 
May 14 - Field Trip Forms Due
May 16 - Volunteer Tea
May 18 & 21 - NO SCHOOL
May 22 - Scholastic Book Order DUE
May 23 - Children's Festival (all day - walking field trip - Grade 1 and 2)
May 24 - Courtyard Mural Presentation and Spring Dance
June 7 - Zoo Field Trip (all day - Grade 1 and 2)
June 28 - Last Day of School (Report Cards Go Home)


New Spelling Words: (last word is 'extra' challenge)
Spelling focus - the end comes back to pinch the vowel to make it say it's own name (except for 'come)
make
came
lake
game
shake
ate
tape
come 
Grandmother
Grandfather
Mother’s Day




Here are each student's writing goals:

Max - I can take time to check my work.
Isabel - I can learn to spell better.
Malia - I can remember to add punctuation.
Estella - I can always put capital letters at the first of a sentence.
Rhys - I can always add more details in my writing.
Stanley - I can write 5 sentences by myself.
Julia - I can make periods bigger.
Caleb - I can take the time to check my work.
Sarah - I can make my printing neater.
Lucas - I can remember to put a period at the end of a sentence.
Adriana - I can print tall letters up to the top of the line.
Phoebe - I can add punctuation at the end of every sentence.

I have not received the rest of the class yet. When I do, I will add them on Tuesday.





Writing: Yesterday we wrote letters to the Grandparent that we interviewed. Here are a few of our letters:

Dear Grandma
I am really glad I got to interview you and find out more about you. I was very sad that you were not able to come to our Grandparent Day. I was proud to share that your Grandma made you a quilt. Did you walk to school.
Love Lucas
P.S. Please write back soon.


Dear Grandma
I am really glad I got to interview you and find out more about you. I was VERY sad that you were not able to come to our Grandparent Day. I was proud to share that your Mom made you cinnamon buns. One thing I like to know is what was your favorite treat?
Love Rhys
Write back soon.


Dear Choy
I am really glad I got to interview you and find out more about you. I was very sad that you were not able to come to our Grandparent Day. I was proud to share that you got 25 cents per day. One thing I would like to know is what did you do with it?
Please write back to me soon.
Love Catherine

Dear Grandma
I am very sad because you couldn't come to Grandparent Day. I am happy I got to interview you and find out more about you. I was proud to share that you like to use the teeter totter. I would like to know what is your favorite book? Please write back to me soon.
Love Julia


Dear Grandma
I am really glad I got to interview you and find out more about you. I was very sad that you were not able to come to our Grandparent Day. I was proud to share that every holiday like Christmas we get together and have lots of fun. One thing I would like to know is how do you clean the house?
Please write back to me soon.
Love Margaret


Dear Grams
I am really excited to interview you. I am VERY HAPPY that you could come for our Grandparent Day. I was proud to share that you have two brothers. One thing I would like to know is what did you play with with your brothers?
Love Ella

Dear Granny and Grandpa
I am really glad I got to interview you and find out more about you. I was very sad that you were not able to come to our Grandparent Day. I was proud to share my picture about you. One thing I would like to know is why are you playing basketball (in the picture)?
Please write back to me soon.
Love Emmett


Dear Adam
I was a little sad that you were not able to come to our Grandparent Day. I was proud to share that my Dad's Dad was a WW2 soldier. How did you communicate in the way?
Love Evann
Write back soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment